View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Steve

Nice one! It's funny how by the time I was around the appliqué on the Hawaiian piece the needle turn slipstitch seemed oddly enough natural. HA! No, really, I can see where practice and patience pays off big time. Yeah I can see your itty-bitty stitches too. Mine look and feels like little grains of sand. I was going to enlarge the length of the stitch but Leslee says to keep 'em small.

I like the patch; it might be one I can use on the next quilt since it involves putting paper-pieced bees in the corner. I was going to put off paper piecing till later, but found an easy bee and thought “Why not?” A few easy paper pieced bees with small appliquéd heads in each corner should make a simple patchwork stand out even more. Maybe put a flower in the center? I’ll go look up the BOM pattern.

The only way I’m going to learn is by doing and the Hawaiian piece has only inspired me. I can now appliqué, and the actual quilting is moving right along since I’ve no seams to hinder the hand. Whole cloth quilting (or a possible envisioned harlequin variation) has been playing in the noodles as well.

Man oh man, did I tell you all I love quilting? I’m purposely having to set time aside to work on the music and write today. Now ‘that’ is saying something.

:D