View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Midwestmary
Originally Posted by Edie
Our neighbor (from Wisconsin) said to me yesterday "You'll root for the Packers won't you, Edie?" "Sure I will". I did - It was such a rout! You know I can say "Go, Pack, go" and hope like heck they fall on their face in the process. Viking fans are like that, you know. Wisconsin is our neighbor. We are nice to our neighbors. But that is where it ends.
Edie, your post just cracked me up....you are so right! I was born and raised in Minnesota and know all about that rivalry with the Packers. It's been fun reading everyone's posts this morning - I love football both college and pro - so fun to share it with everyone. Congrats to Steelers and Packer fans...two more games to go this afternoon. I am surrounded by Bears fans here - but I remain loyal to my Vikings. I always did play the martyr role very well :-D Ah, well, any true Vikings fan will always say " there's always next year" !!!!
The Vikings are celebrating 50 years this year. I would suspect I have said "there's always next year" at least 50 times. Always the eternal optimist - that's a Minnesotan for ya!!!! Edie