View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 07:19 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by JulieR
You know, one of our locally-owned jewelry stores had a party one evening in the beginning of December. Women were invited to come in with their friends, have a little wine and cake and pick out things they liked. Then their husbands/partners could come in later and check their "wish lists" for the perfect gift. Christmas shopping: done!

I don't know how this would translate specifically for a quilt shop but it's that sort of thing that makes this particular jeweler stand out in our community - even though there are lower prices to be had across town.
That is such a cool idea. Would work for any combination of significant others too (Mother's Day, Anniversary, GF Bday, etc.)... I may mention this to one of my LQS's (the friendly shoppe of course).

Another idea that might be neat, depending on how much space a store has... is create displays that incorporate antique sewing things: old treadles of course... but things like old sewing 'birds', vintage feedsack quilts, old quilt books, Featherweights, etc. Might be hard to do if there's a problem with thefts (I cannot imagine folks stealing from a quilt store!).