View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 07:30 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by G'ma Kay
I went to a LQS when traveling through Mid MO. I was greeted at the door by an employee with a sale flyer and a tour of the shop when I told her I had not been there before. It was great. I spent $100 that day.
I had a similar experience with a new for me LQS. My DDIL & I walked in and the co-owner greeted us and asked if we had ever been in before. When we said no, she then told us where everything was and how they were laid out. Then said she would leave us to browse and call if we had any questions. She later demonstrated a marking pencil I had not seen before. Of course we bought stuff. Then she said I looked very familiar to her, I felt the same about her. Then before Christmas I went in again to get more of a fabric I liked. In the process of cutting my fabric it came out that I used to work at Joann's 10 years ago. She shouted, "That's where I know you from! You used to help me with home dec fabric!" If her store wasn't out of the way for me, I would be in there more often. Guess that's a good thing (for me) :roll: