View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 AM
clsurz

Treating everyone who comes in great no matter who they are, how old they are, how they are dressed and such.

My 8 yr old GD experienced being ignored on Friday when we went to various fabric places to get fabric. She'd pick what she wanted and would go to the table and they simply ingored her and passed her over for other adults although she was in line.

I had to state out loud..... "honey you need to speak loud and let the lady know what you want and they will cut it for you". She quietly told me "I did Memere".

So I asked her if the 4 ladies in front of her were there before her and she said "no they were not". So I took her hand and went to the front and as kindly as I could smiled and told the ladies cutting that my granddaughter had been standing there for almost 15 minutes now and wanted to know why they ingored her. The one gal was not to happy and she called another lady to come and help her cut materials. She handed my GD to that gal and I stated I wanted her to cut the fabric and the other lady could take care of the other customer. She reluctantly did so. GD and I both with big smiles thanked her and left.

My GD is a sewer yes at 8 years old and just because she is young does not mean they can ignore her.

Employees should also ask if we need assistance and not go in the other direction when they see us. I have had this happy more than once in such stores.