Old 01-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I only had one label made for a quilt, which I'm still working on. I had mine embroidered because ink does not show up on black fabric and there's a bit of special meaning behind it. The first movie me and Andrew (who's getting the quilt) watched together was "Kamikaze Girls". Most of the movie revolves around a Lolita (Momoko) and a biker chick (Ichigo) trying to find a famous embroiderer to stitch "Thank you, Akimi" on Ichigo's kamikaze coat (Akimi is the gang's leader, who's retiring, and Ichigo is very grateful to her). Like in the movie, I didn't have anything too fancy stitched in. Besides the recipiant's name, who it was made by, and when it was completed (er...that's a little off, but no one's gonna know 100 years from now) I added "Merry Christmas" and "Aishiteru" as a little message. "Aishiteru" means "I love you" in Japanese. The first time I told him that I made him look it up when he asked me what it meant. Its all in red stitching because his favorite color is red next to black.

I guess when I was deciding what I wanted for the label I tried to find little things that held special meaning and let that inspire me.