Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM
myradean

Hello, I'm Myra from north central Kentucky. I'm fairly new to quilting and anxious to learn. Quilting is a hobby I've long admired. I've managed to finish 4 or 5 rag quilts and about 9 blocks of a BOM, but have yet to start and finish what I would call a "real" quilt. I'm a widow (two years now) and have two grown daughters (one still lives with me and I'm glad she's here!). I work fulltime for a pediatric dental office with a few adults thrown in to keep it interesting. That fulfills several needs, my need to be needed, my love of kids and a roof over my head, yay for multi-tasking. I don't have as much quilting time as I would like, but then do any of us? I love to do counted cross-stitch, have made wicker baskets and beaded a few pieces of jewelry and I really want to learn to knit, but too many hobbies, too little money. I'm hoping to "meet" other quilters and pick your brains. I'm signed up to take another quilting class in February and looking forward to learning all I can! Hope to talk to some of you soon!