View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
NorBanaquilts

Thanks for the info!
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I saw this listed for sale, the current owner says that it's really hard to crank. The asking price is $50.

Should I rescue this little treasure or pass?
I am glad to here that you got it because these will always be going up in value. But remember this is a toy machine not the real thing so I would not try to put it to use making a quilt or anything. The machine is a Model 20 and was a very popular machine back in the day for little girls to get for their Christmas or Birthdays. It is a functioning machine and will chain stitch a pretty stitch. But because of the sheet metal parts used in the construction it would not do great for everyday use. But the needles are the same as the Model 24 and I might have a few laying around for it. They have been obsolete for quite a few years now but can still be found.

As far as the price you paid a good price for it, most of them I see go for over 100 dollars in good condition. I think you did really good and remember the toy machines have a dual collectability factor, and are very sought after.

Billy