Old 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

I didn't get as much done today as I would have liked, but I did get some things figured out. I sewed together one of the tri border rows. I'm attaching some pics so ya'll look and make sure I'm not screwing up.

Since I am planning trapunto (but I think I would do it this way even if I wasn't), I decided that I would sew the pieced tris with their batting to unbatted plain tris..see pic. This allows me to not have an overlap of batting on the back.

I found that I have a tiny bit at the bottom of the tri that overlaps and gets thick, so I've trimmed one side of that off.- see pic.

Now, I can add the batting for the trapunto work (which I will do by machine), then I can trim it, then I will add a reduced size tri of batting and hand stitch that in...see how much smaller it must be??? I'll have to trim down my stack of pre-cut batting triangles. This should result in no batting overlaps.

Here is a big question that I have though.....LESLEY>>>>HELP!
All 4 borders are made up of 13 pieced tris & 13 plain tris..all end up being the same length. Don't 2 of them need to be longer to allow for the addition of the skinny border?

This is how I'm sewing it together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161868[/ATTACH]

Small trim at the bottom- batting only
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161869[/ATTACH]

Smaller batting tri that will inset
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161870[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-161863.jpe   attachment-161864.jpe   attachment-161865.jpe