View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
CoyoteQuilts

The sad part about Sam's club is that they only carry either: 1) limited variety (corn and string beans, regular cut) or 2) combinations of flavors. For me the prices are reasonable. Just yesterday I bought 12 cans of Campbell's chicken noodle soup for 60 cents a can, tomato soup for around the same price (can't remember exact) But, I also get the french vanilla coffee creamer 64 ounces for less than 5 bucks a container, a bag of cut up lettuce salad is about 3 bucks, laundry soap that lasts me (house of 2, 6-8 loads a week) about 3 months for 10 bucks. For a person that shops the sales and uses coupons ALL the time, these aren't great deals, but I hate taking my quilting time to cut coupons and scour the ads every week. I shop at Sam's 1-2 times a month (it's to easy to stop on my way home, 'cause one or two are close....) and this helps me save money. I also buy flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, tuna fish, vitamins, meds, batteries, meats, frozen veggies & meats, water, and fabric softener. I would really love to buy some of their jewelry....

Dried beans are a great price at Wal-Mart, none to be found at Sam's.

So, yes, for me it is a great deal. I have had my membership for about 20 years.......