View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 PM
tjradj

This may be hijacking your thread. Just wanted to share why I've got a Costco membership - again after not having it for about 5 years.
Went in because they had the best deal on "middle of the road" Michelin tires - needed 4
Went to get a reg. membership. $50., told the clerk we were getting tires. She immediately took my card back and told me I was getting the executive membership - say whaaaa?
Executive membership - $100
That week, if you had an E membership, and bought 4 tires, you saved $70 , so now the membership cost me $30
The E membership gives you a 2% rebate on all purchases at the end of the year, minimum payout of $45, so now my membership cost me -$15
2% rebate on my tires that day = $14 and change
Now were' up to a membership cost of minus $29
I save $50/month on my prescriptions through Costco, AND I get 2% on what I do spend.
3 'gallons' of milk a week - at 40 cents less each that stores here.
My dad asked me to get him some hearing aid batteries. He pays $40 for 40, Costco = 30 batteries for $10.49
My 'spousal' card (free) goes to my sister in law and they get to shop there - and I get the 2% (that's the deal)
So, right now, I have to go once a week anyway for meds, so anything that is cheaper there - I get there.
The rest from NoFrills. - a discount grocery store.
I'm happy.