View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 03:14 AM
PJisChaos

Ok so ya'll have inspired me to really go outside my box with these Twister quilts. A week ago I bought 100 4" squares on Ebay and had no idea what I was gonna do with them but, couldn't pass up a $5 auction. :oops: So, after may hours searching for tutes and looking at pics of everyone elses I hit the studio, bound and determined to do this. It is very much a work-in-progress and I really like the look and ease of this particular "technique" so I can see more in the future. However, the starting squares will be a bit bigger! Like I said, I started with 4" squares and had a pretty good light/dark pattern going. The 3 1/2" template that kept being mentioned was way to big and overlapped by quite a bit so I scaled it down to 2 1/2" after a few other attempts to find what would work. I stayed with the 3/4" markings that had also been mentioned for lining it up. Although I do think a 3" template would have cut it very close, maybe I should've went with 2 3/4"..? Anywho, so far what I did is working and I can't wait to get it finished. So thanks a ton everyone, your posts were very valuable!!

What's done so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162147[/ATTACH]

What I started with. 41" x 37.5" with the 3" border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162148[/ATTACH]

Let the fun begin!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162149[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162142.jpe   attachment-162143.jpe   attachment-162144.jpe