View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:08 PM
quiltykitty

Sandpat,

The Submarine is painted on. The glass in the periscope is silver glitter fabric paint.

Don't remember if it shows up on the photo, but there are birds in the sky and they are painted on with a black permanent Sharpie marker.

Octopus is a greenish batik with some painting and is appliqued to quilt. I used the marker to add the suckers on the tentecals.

The boat and house were printed on fabric from my card program and then appliqued to quilt.

Lighthouse is a brick fabric with doors and windows of Kona Snow and fused to the lighthouse background. Then the details were painted on the window and door then appliqued to the quilt. The top of the lighthouse was appliqued and the light was painted with silver glitter fabric paint. The railing around the top is just that permanent marker again. The base of the lighthouse is a rock wall fabric with the steps painted on and then a little thread painting for definition.

You did not ask, but the sky is composed of three different fabrics. One is a watercolor fabric and the other two are sky prints. Then I added some highlights with fabric paint.

Thank you for your comments. And did I satisfy inquiring minds?