Old 01-17-2011, 06:41 AM
QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by sandpat
Thanks Lesley...I can see why you didn't understand my question. It didn't happen to you because you made your betweens larger! I looked at the software this morning. the top narrow border calls for 64.5 (finished) x .25 finished. The sides call for 65 (finished) x .25 (finished). I guess they think that since the tri borders are all the same size...that you can just stretch it that extra 1/2"??? I'm not worried about the kites fitting...they will (or should)..its the 2 of the entire tri borders.

Each pic you provide of your quilt makes me love it more...and Sweetie looks great sitting there all busy like that! What quilt are you doing? Its a beauty!!
I experienced something similar when I was putting the tri borders on. Wanted the point of the between tris to be in the center of each sashing. I think it would have fit without that 1/4" outside sashing strip. I ended up having to stretch each border just a tiny bit (1/2" over the entire length) & it's not noticible on the finished top - didn't scrunch it all up. Amazing what a fully loaded (with water) steam iron can do to fudge in something! Goes to show how easy it is to mess up something with an iron.