Old 01-17-2011, 06:43 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

No, mine is the older model. It sews a great stitch, though, and it was Mom's, so I will keep it until they send me off to the home. We were in our favorite antique mall when we found it; she bought it, brought it home and we cleaned it up together. She did the refinishing on the cabinet (it was covered with many layers of shellac) and passed it on to me when she moved into a very small apartment. I think of her when I use it.
I understand. You need to keep that machine and use her! I have my Pfaff 130 that was my Mother's. I will never part with that machine - in fact, I already told my daughter she has to keep it after I am gone! My daughter does not sew, but that's ok as long as it stays with us!

I wish I knew what Treadle my Mom learned to sew on. She wanted to be a fashion designer. She already had it arranged right out of high school. She had a place to stay and work as a nanny while she apprenticed in San Francisco. Then she started dating my Dad, they went out 3 times, eloped and that ended her apprenticeship. She had a boy friend that use to bring Dad with him when he (her boyfriend) visited Mom. Dad would go in and talk to Mom while she was treadling away on some dress she was designing. Her then boyfriend really liked to talk to Mom's Dad -- big mistake. I'd love to know what treadle it was. I guess, if I get enough of them I will have one like she used!

Nancy