View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:35 AM
husband-of-a-quilter

You will get almost as many opinions for this as sewing machines. The Nook and the Kindle are the same but different. I have a Nook WiFi with 3g with an eink screen. I personally like the touch screen at the bottom of the Nook rather than the keypad of the Kindle. Since I have had the Nook I read more than I ever have. There are so many WEB sites for free books it is amazing. There are a lot of books written by start up authors that just did not get a publisher. Amazing stories at that and some not so amazing. Nooks can read PDFs, Epubs and DRMEpubs so there are no conversions. But as someone stated there is a free program that will convert to the azw format but it will not convert DRM encoded epubs. The cool thing about the Nook is you get all kinds of benefits if you bring your Nook into a Barns and Nobel store. Go to Best Buy, they have both there and try them, then make your decision.They are both very good devices. My wife has the Nook Color, now that is an amazing piece of technology.