View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM
mpeters1200

I'm so glad you started this thread. There's been a lot of good information here.

When I first started, I bought a bunch of packages of pins from Walmart. All different colored heads and all are big enough that my blind behind can see them. When I first started, I was really broke, so it was cheaper for me to buy wally world pins than anything else since I was spending all my extra money on fabric.

I find as I continue quilting, that doing some things because you don't have money isn't really worth it....like using scissors to cut instead of rotary cutter. Now, I find rotary cutter blades just as important as the fabric itself.

I went to a girlfriends house and I forgot my pins. When I used hers, I couldn't believe how nice they were to use. I pricked myself a few times because I didn't have to push as hard on them as I do my pins. She said they were glass head pins.

So, if I go to Joann's or Hancocks or an LQS, does it say glass head right on the package? How much are they, do you think, compared to the regular pins? I've never used yellow quilting pins or flower heads, just couldn't see spending the same money on a quarter of the amount of pins.

Quilter7x --- I totally love your pin cushion!