Old 01-17-2011, 10:25 AM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Randa

Here is the newest acquisition....Seems to be a 15-91 from 1946. Told you she was pretty dirty, but cleaner than the other one that wouldn't even stay in it's delapitated case. (The one I left behind.) So, it's a snow day here, can't even get out of the drive to go to work, so my day will be spent on here or at a sewing machine! (DH took the 4-wheel drive and went to work so I can play with this one!!!)
Congratulations Randa. Yes, that is a 15-91! You will love her when you start using her! They are great machines!

I'd take that cloth around the neck off. I bet she is scratched from those pins -- that is too bad.

Nancy
Yup there were a few scratches...nothing really deep, but easy to see. There was every kind of pin you can imagine, too. LOL! But the cord is bad...I used it to be sure the machine runs, but I wouldn't want to do any sewing with it until it's replaced. Is this something I can just redo myself...heavy electrical cord and just rewire myself? There are a couple screws in the part that goes into the machine, so I think it should be fairly easy to do.