Thread: Money Spent
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 02:21 PM
mpeters1200

Originally Posted by Barbm

Today I'm buying a bolt of batting. Never thought I'd get to this, but once I calculated the per yard vs. the lqs, I'm saving close to $2.00 per yard. And I don't have to carry it home, the UPS guy will put it on the porch.
I belonged to a club where we would order rolls of batting. You have to be really careful with those. They are shipped vacuum-packed. The moment you open the outer packaging, air gets sucked in. Your package will very possibly double in size. I sure hope, if yours is like that, that you have adequate storing!

My answer to the question is almost too modest to mention. I think the most I've ever spent on fabric or notions was 44.00 at walmart once for 10 yards of fabric, but I needed it for a specific project. I just don't have it in the budget to get fabric for the heck of it. When I'm down to the last few stitches on two projects, I start saving for the fabric to start the next two. The purchases are always twice. First trip to buy the needed yardage for the tops and some modest borders....the second trip to purchase batting, backing and binding.

MY HUSBAND, however, has spent more on one trip than I ever have. 4 years ago, (our anniversary is in December too), we had decided to just open our anniversary presents at Christmas too. I was trying to stay close to budget. I had gone and bought him some smaller Craftsman tool things. I had circled in a JoAnn's ad two different sewing machine caddies that they had on sale. I told a friend that I couldn't decide which one I wanted, but Randy could choose one as a gift for me and I would love whatever he gave me. He went and bought BOTH!! So his total was close to 100.00. I use one for one of my machines ALWAYS and it has a top piece for holding notions. The other, I keep my wips in so they are always close.