Old 01-17-2011, 03:30 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Grandmother23
I am trying to take apart a 99K and I need a little help on getting the thread guide off without anymore bloodshed-only took 1 bandaid on the finger. It turns around after using WD-40, I can get it to open and close (if that makes sense) but not slide down the thing-a-ma-bob. Haven't cursed yet!!! lol
Don't know if you mean the thread tension or guide. Please post picture. And I'm sure Billy could help you with this. Talking about Billy, where is our leader of the band?
OK. I went back through my pictures to see what was attached to it before I posted pictures. It is on the presser foot rod. Just looked in the manual I printed and it is the TADA thread cutter. Feel kind of silly now. :hunf: But at least I know what it is now. I can't pull the rod out without taking it off. May just leave it in. Since I have you on the line, do you have any idea on how to take the tensioner off?

Thanks for any help.
Lauren
Do you have a Singer manual? It shows you how it comes apart and back together. Plus, Billy shows how to take apart an older one, this isn't that much different. Scroll down the page until you see his photos for the tension. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45816-1.htm