View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Qbee

Never send you original birth certificate to anyone! OK....now...that being said. Go get your picture taken, fill the form out completely, then go to the Post office with all the required paperwork (birth certificate, drivers license, etc) and they will verify your identity and send the application off. They will not keep your birth certificate. Hope that helps. Oh and regarding your mom.....give her a break....you may think 23 is all grown up but to us....you will always be our "baby"...LOL :D

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I'm starting to prepare my application for a passport, since I will need this before I apply for my study abroad program. I am applying for Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan. My mother is not thrilled, but I told her that I will be twenty-three years old and I can go where I want... plus the way she says things... it sounds like she's just messing with me... especially when she said: "You'll get a hang nail and go to jail." I'm trying to put her mind at ease... ANYWAYS... I need to know exactly what I should do. I know the fee and what I need for the application. But what if I lose a lot of weight before I go? Do I need to get a new card issued? Thats a big concern since I'm trying to lose weight... I don't want to pay $200 and then have to pay another huge sum for a new card due to photos needing to be updated.

Do I send them my birth certificate too? Do I get that back?

In a pickle!