View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 01:53 AM
BrendaK
Power Poster

8-) Hi all love your suggestions all are good. One of the things I would like is for the staff to know what they have. This weekend my DH and I went to LQS for a list of things I wanted. One of the things was grips for the back of the ruler to help keep it in place when you are cutting. We couldn't find this perticular item. Finally I was able to corall a clerk and she said that she had never heard of invisable grips. She then took me over to a display said maybe something there would work, and she went on her way. As I wanted quite a few other things I also went looking around the store. Not long after that my DH came up to me with something in his hand and asked me if that was what I was looking for...........it was. It was in the display she had taken me to but was so small that I couldn't see it. My DH played detective and stood there until he found it. I also wanted a darning foot. They do sell some machines and they do have some different feet. The same clerk told me that they don't sell parts for machines. When I told her that I had purchased a walking foot a couple of weeks ago from them she said well then go look in the same place (I had but there was no darning foot). She also said that I should go on line and order it. I asked another clerk for some help and she said she was going on break and couldn't help me. When I turned around someone else asked her a question and she took the time to help her. Was there a reason that she couldn't ask some other clerk to help me? As it was I spent over a $100.00 and probably would have spent more if I could have had more help. When a sale is going on I feel that extra help should be added. I have been going to this LQS for a long time and I don't believe that anyone knows or cares what my name is, just that my money is green. Sorry about the venting but as this is the only shop in town I feel as if I am stuck. Thanks