View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 08:36 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by montanajan
*The staff at my fav LQS greets me immediately, offers assistance, then lets me browse, occasionally checking to see if I'm finding what I need.
*Record of yardage bought is recorded (computer now, recipe card box with 3 x 5 cards prior to the computer) & at 50 yds, $15.00 free merchandise offered.
*Monthly email newsletter includes a % discount on FQs, yardage, notions, a class, or maybe a pattern or book - different item each month.
*They have a small "kid corner" & a chair for waiting husbands, friends, etc.
*Back room tables, mats, rulers, are free to be used whenever no class is in session.
*There is always coffee, water, tea available for shoppers (prefer we drink in the kitchen/table area, of course).
*They also give discount in one's birthday month - 1 time shopping trip, not all month, 1% per year of age up to 20%. I keep a running list of wants, not necessarily needs and add to my notions, thread, quilt books, FQ's, stash, rulers, blades for rotary cutter, & buy in birthday month. I spent almost $300 in Dec on my 2010 birthday trip.
*We get 10% discount on purchases the day of a class we've paid for & attend.
*2 carts to peruse: 1) scraps @ $5.00 per pound, 2) finish-the-bolt & get 15% discount on bolts with small yardage left.
*markdown wall - leftover Christmas, etc.
Just a few of the perks that encourage me to shop there.
wow... I wish I lived in Montana! Not only could I make a lot of quilts and they'd get used (cause there's an actual 'winter' in Montana...not so where I live) and there's a great LQS to drive one's 4x4 over and browse! :lol: :lol: :thumbup: