Old 01-18-2011, 08:56 AM
PunkQuilter

Originally Posted by irishrose
My 1952 128 has a bentwood case. I just saw one on ebay for $9.99, but I don't think it had a case. No, I wasn't looking for another machine, but accessories for my 'new' 301A. Poor little girl came with nothing but the presser foot that you'd expect. It was very well packed. I am intrigued by the 1/4" foot with a guide as sewing 1/4" and straight is my biggest problem. I need more than one bobbin, too.

Question - Is the longer fold out piece the only difference in the 301 long bed or is the harp space longer, too? BTW, mine was born in 1956. She doesn't have a name yet. The one I'm thinking of has no rhyme or reason.

Right now I have the bobbin out and can't get it back in. I'm sure it's okay. I'm just out of practice on those bobbin locations. I think I sewed on this machine in high school so I will have no trouble. It feels very familiar.
Irishrose-I have ALOT of parts and such for 301's. Let me know what you would like and I'll see what I have. The 301 has one of the largest beds available in vintage machines. The long bed to your left was featured on this machine because this machine had so many firsts for quilting, the ability to drop the feed dogs, gear driven no belt motor in the machine not bolted to the outside. I could go on....