View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Airwick156

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I also had this problem but not with a fabric store. My father in law used to put planes, animals, bridges etc together that are made from balsa wood. He used to buy kits for them. We had to buy them online. Anyways, the first order Dad spent just over $100. He was all excited. Immediately his debit card was charged. The company sent me an email confirming that they had sent the package out and gave me a tracking number. Three months later, still no package. I emailed the company took about another month to get a reply email saying that they had sent it out and they don't know what happened to it and they wont replace it unless we pay the shipping and handling again and they would send us out another order. HECK NO we are not paying that. Anyways it was within a week that we conviently "received" the missing package. So all turned out well.
Then about Halloween, dad and I sat down and put in another order for the same company. I had my doubts because their customer service was horrible the first time, but Dad wanted to make this order because he really enjoyed making them.
So we put in another order this time dad spends over $300. We submitted the order on line and again immediately his debit card was charged. We figure that since they debited his bank account that they received the order and was getting it ready to send out. Dads 75 years old and this is his hobby putting these things together and he doesn't have alot of money. So we wait the 4-6 weeks for the order to arrive. That came and passed, infact several times the time came and passed with no package. So I get on their website to get their contact information. I first sent an email explaining that they had taken the funds out to pay for the order that was placed on October 19, 2009 and it was now March 5, 2010 and we have not recieved the order and I gave them the tracking number. It was to be delivered by the post office. Anyways I got no response. I emailed them daily. I got fed up, and started calling them....ALWAYS ALWAYS would get a Voicemail IF I WAS LUCKY, or instead of a voice mail I would get a message saying that the person I am trying to reach's voicemail box is full. So I kept up and kept up and email and emailed with no response. So finally I was SOOOOOOOO Mad, that I sent them an email telling them that they had until 9:00 am Monday morning to respond to my repeated phone calls or I was contacting a lawyer. They contacted me get this 5 minutes before 9 that morning. And then they gave me this big old story. And then once again, told me that it had shipped. I flat out told the man he was a BIG FAT LIAR, and I am contacting my lawyer as soon as we get off the phone and I had given him a random lawyers name out of my phone book. In just a matter of days, again Convienently dad received his package. We never did order from them again.
So I wish you luck. Email them call them repeately. And if you don't get a response, I would contact your bank and have the money put back, my bank has done that for me before. And then contact Better Business Bureau.