View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
kellen46

Originally Posted by kathidahl
I am wondering what kind of ironing board and ironing board cover you all like. I need to replace the one on my regular ironing board and wonder if I should
just make one with a piece of my stash- I've done that many times in the past -
or buy a ready made one with my Joanne or Hancock coupon - I've done that in the past -
or use my coupon to buy a couple yards of cover fabric and make one - never done that.
Wish I had room for an ironing square right next to my machines, but I don't.
For my ironing board I have a small table I picked up at Staples years ago. It is just the right size of rectangle and is adjustable up or down. Now I have to recover this every few years or so as the fabric gets rotten with the repeated heating and steam. I sometimes use a heavier weight cotton drapery material and it works fine. This time I went and got some of the light weight silver asbestos fabric used in pot holders from the fabric store. I just cover the old with the new and use a staple gun to hold it all together. It is the best ironing board I have ever had. I hated that tapered point thing. I doubt you can find the same table, I have never seen another but maybe some thing that would be similar. As long as you lay down an initial layer of reflective batting you can go on forever recovering the top without worry. Just use cotton or the asbestos fabric, never use synthetics or blends and you should be OK.