Old 01-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
You remind me of one of my girl friends! LOL! She loves buying fabric! She also has a cargo storage unit half full of fabric in boxes - so she doesn't even know what she has - which means she gets to buy more!

I did a Delectable Mountain guilt for my DB and SIL, but I used such bright fabrics that it ended up looking more like Chinese Lanterns floating in the sky when I was done.

You didn't answer the question on what machine you are taking to retreat?

Nancy
My girlfriend who lives near the location is bringing her Pfaff 3/4 treadle along for me, and I will probably take a Japanese Class 15 HC conversion along "just in case". I am dropping off a parlor treadle in Nashville, and MIGHT take along an unusual Kenmore treadle for sale.
I love fabric--the way it feels, the colors, the possibilities. I put a lot of mine in storage so I could clean out my basement. It's slow going, but I am making progress. And I must admit I love having the storage unit. My husband is afraid I'll never give it up.

I was advised against it, as it seems most people wind up filling up the storage unit and then refilling their houses, but it has helped me to sort out a lot of things I don't want. I've donated a lot, sold some, given away a ton of stuff. I feel a bit lighter every day.