View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
KathyAire

I made this quilt from a pattern and kit from McCall's Quick Quilts magazine March 2009. It's called 'Country Estate', McCall's name, not mine. Don't have any idea why it was in a Quick Quilts magazine because it was anything but quick. It was not difficult it's just that there are a lot of parts to it. It can be used widthwise on a king size bed or lengthwise on a queen size bed. The center panel is simply a piece of tumbling blocks print fabric. From that fabric you also cut the stars for the appliqued blocks. If you look at the close up picture, I outlined two stars, on in red and one in green. I fused the stars with Wonder-Under and then raw edge appliqued around them. At times, it was tricky find 28 of the stars.

The colors in the first two pictures are a little off. The close up is more true to color.

When I first purchase this kit, I really liked it. I wanted it for one of the guests bedrooms. I like it okay now but I have since changed my mind on the deco for the bedroom in question. I will use it in that bedroom until I get something else done. I have something in mind but that project may stay in my mind for a long time before it actually gets done.

Widthwise
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163190[/ATTACH]

Lengthwise
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163191[/ATTACH]

Close Up with Stars
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163192[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163185.jpe   attachment-163186.jpe   attachment-163187.jpe