Thread: Rolling Waves
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Yvonne

Hey there everyone,
I've been keeping tabs on all of you this summer but haven't been posting. I have been stitching though and visiting some quilt shows. If you would like to see some pics :wink: here they are.
http://gallery.me.com/yvonneericson#gallery
There are photos from the Pacific Northwest Quilt show in Seattle, Wa. More pictures from Quilting In The Garden in Livermore, California. (That's the show Alex Anderson is involved in.) And finally more photos from a quilt show in Santa Barbara, California. Whew! We did have a great time this summer!!!
If you check under "Yvonne's Quilts" and scroll down to the bottom you can see my latest efforts, 9 Patch Party, Strawberry Lemonade, Will's blue quilt and Scrappy Thing. See, I have kept somewhat busy! :lol:
I'm attaching Will's blue quilt. It's Rolling Waves and the pattern was in a McCall's Quick Quilts magazine, September, 2008. It's a fast quilt to make. Three different sizes of 9 patches. This quilt is really FLAT but looking at it you'd never guess it. Great optical illusion!

The quilt was quilted but didn't have it's binding on. It's laying flat on the floor. My floor is flat, really!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44212[/ATTACH]

Final photo. This quilt is 80 inches square. My husband and nephew are holding it up over their heads! It was huge to quilt!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48868[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-44212.jpe   attachment-48868.jpe