View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Katia

For me a library is not practical. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love our library, but I go there to buy books, not borrow. Our library has a very limited amount of books, and every time I find one to borrow, I end up paying high late fees. I learned a long time ago with my kids that we are just too forgetful in my family to ever get a book back on time. It is usually cheaper for me to just buy them. I do use our library for other things and support our Friends of the Library with donations and purchases. I wish we had a more modern library. My sis says that she can reserve books at hers and gets pretty much anything new that she wants very quickly. That would be great.

I also participate in two online book swaps and get tons of great books there. I currently have more books then I will ever read in this lifetime. I read for relaxation and I want to read and enjoy every word. I wish I was a faster reader, so I could read more, but trying to speed read takes all the fun out of it for me.

I will say that it takes a bit of getting used to, reading an ereader. I like it, but I will still read real books. I can not see just tossing them all. That would be horrible.