View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by DebbyT
Originally Posted by Randa
Originally Posted by mmonohon
I went to a doctor appointment today. And this grumpy old man made me laugh. I was in the waiting area and an older lady with an appliqued bag that was beautiful, so I asked "did you make the bag?" She replied, "no. But I quilt." A gentleman sitting a few chairs away from us says very loudly, "Oh God, I am so glad my wife is not here (he was very distressed and shaking his head.) So we giggled and continue our conversation about fabric and quilting. He continues to mumble at us the entire time about how we never use our fabric and we just buy and buy and keep it in the way. The lady and I just laughed.

My dh was with me and was quiet the whole time but when we got to the car he said "I'm glad you use your fabric". LOL if he only knew exactly how much I had, I am unsure if he would have said that.

Men can be so funny when they don't understand our obsession with quilting. But what about the men that collect tools that never get used or fishing gear or hunting gear or what ever hobby they have.
Or men who buy tools, use them, misplace them and buy the same tool again!!! UGH!!! I know where my fabric is, I know where my rotary cutter is, I know where all my tools are...now they may be in another drawer beside another machine but I have it! Hmmm.....maybe I should go and buy a few more of the SAME tool so I can have one beside EVERY machine! Uhhh, guess I do have some of the same habits, huh??? :lol: :oops: :lol:
I like your thoughts. My husband also has many duplicates and triples, because he is not organized. Or leaves a tool at one of the kids houses. Can't find it -buy a new one. I noticed he now has at least 5 cordless drills. They seem to find their way home. --- Yes, next time I see tools I have I will remember the other machines they can be sitting with.
my dh ha s 19 drills.. some cordless, some not, this one has a more powerful motor, this one has longer battery time, this one is a hammer drill (what ever that means) and this one etc etc.... but can i get him to put up a quilt hanger noooooo.. i have to wait til he goes out of town for work & get myself a couple of his drills (one with a screwdriver bit, cause why change bits when you can change drills) and do it myself... he's always surprised when he comes home from a week out of town.. must be why he tries to keep it to one nite at a time...lol