View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltjoey
Hi Rhonda! I have been trying to learn to quilt on my own by trial and error and reading books and watching youtube tuts over this past year. I don't know anyone who quilts. My HST's are never right and I have cut little squares and then cut on the diagonal and then sewn them together! It has been so hard and tedious but I have kept trying, thinking there must be and easier way. I have had such a hard time measuring and cutting. I found your tut tonight and can't wait to try your method tomorrow or as soon as I can. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to help others to learn to do this!! Thank you so much.
If you need any help just let me know!! I will be happy to help you. I want everyone who has trouble making HSTS to find that they really aren't that hard! The key is to be accurate with each step you make. Make sure your seam is straight, Make sure you hold the template as you cut and don't let it move. Make sure the corners of your template are on the seam and not off to one side of the seam. They aren't hard things just things to be aware of so your HSTs come out good and you don't have to do any trimming to square them up.

I have another thread about trouble shooting when making HSTs and sewing them.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-23252-1.htm