View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
MomtoBostonTerriers

kittykatz2001,

I love Cotton Theory. I am a new quilter, so I figure if I can make a quilt with Cotton Theory, anyone can. It does indeed take a lot of time to cut out the front and backing pieces of each quilt, and the quilting takes a while, but when all the pieces are completed, the quilt is finished! No sending it off to a long arm quilter, no wrestling it all over the room to get it quilted.

I've seen quilts made by expert quilters at Cotton Theory Camp, and they are to die for -- just like going to the Houston Quilt Show and being in awe of those quilts. I'm not in that league, but it is inspiring to know that Cotton Theory quilts can be very complicated and beautiful, but are also something that newbies like me can handle.

I have found that the quilts are NOT stiff and anyone who produces a stiff quilt is not doing the Cotton Theory seams correctly. The seams are not "open," but are beautifully finished with your choice of fancy stitches.

I hope you enjoy your class. As with anything in quilting, start with a small project and practice until you get the hang of it.

Here are a few of my beginner Cotton Theory products.

Close up of one of the scrappy blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163523[/ATTACH]

Placemats -- made many sets of placemats for Christmas gifts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163568[/ATTACH]

I made this from a kit, but I adapted it so I could use the Cotton Theory technique.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163570[/ATTACH]

A scrappy quilt that I designed for a University of Florida friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163571[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163518.jpe   attachment-163563.jpe   attachment-163564.jpe   attachment-163565.jpe   attachment-163566.jpe