Old 01-18-2011, 09:51 PM
rob529

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
We do contact our customers... but sometimes they don't reply. I posted the question here because, to try to get a reading on what most people think would be sensible, to formulate a reasonable plan for what to do when the customer does not reply back to us.

It's not a perfect world. Sometimes we e-mail, and the customer does not receive it (and we do not know this).

Sometimes the customer replies, and we don't receive their e-mail (and they do not know).

My heart hurts for you reading all these messages. It sure seems like we have added a lot more of those cans of worms to what you already had. I worked retail for about 12 hrs and I just wanted to take their faces in my hands and make them make eye contact with me(what I had to do with our daughter with ADD) and say READ THE SIGN!
In our shopping cart, it does show the ETA for all backordered fabrics. So the customer should be aware of the stock status even before they decide to submit their order.

'Course... we can't *force* them to read what's on their screen... but that's a whole other issue! :?