Old 01-19-2011, 05:56 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
My girlfriend who lives near the location is bringing her Pfaff 3/4 treadle along for me, and I will probably take a Japanese Class 15 HC conversion along "just in case". I am dropping off a parlor treadle in Nashville, and MIGHT take along an unusual Kenmore treadle for sale.

I was advised against it, as it seems most people wind up filling up the storage unit and then refilling their houses, but it has helped me to sort out a lot of things I don't want. I've donated a lot, sold some, given away a ton of stuff. I feel a bit lighter every day.
Miz Johnny do you ever take an electric machine to retreat? Like a FW (I know you sold yours) or one of your other vintage electric machines? Is seems like so much trouble to try and load treadles and here you are loading at least two! I love my treadles, but I'd be afraid I'd hurt the cabinet loading and unloading it -- besides, I always have stuff in the drawers that I'd have to take out. It would be nice if the retreats had a couple treadle bases that treadle people could use -- just bring a head.

Nancy