Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM
King's Daughter

Originally Posted by clem55
Because now it is really YOUR money you are spending,not "our" money! Don"t klnow if this is your reason, but IO do know it applies to me. I was the older, stay at home, wife and mother generation, never had a job, therefore, never had what was considered my own money. Could always buy what I wanted, so that was never a issue , but it did curb spending somewhat. When I became old enough to get SS, I thought, OH Boy!! now I can spend whatever, whenever, and didnT have to think about the check book balance, or discuss it with hubby. I've found that I am pretty generous about gifts for him, or for the children, and I did buy myself a new computer and sewing machine, but the rest of the money goes into a savings account, for what I don"T know! Still enjoy spending "our money". LOL! I think I just like the idea that it is there if I want to be able to do something really special for the kids, or him, as a surprise . I feel that is more important to me, it is from "me". And then I go spend our money without any qualms at all. Hubs says I am planning to be the one who actually takes it with me.LOL
Wow, that makes a lot of sense! You could be right!