View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 AM
AlwaysQuilting

Originally Posted by grammy17
God bless you!

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's about 5 years ago. Realized then that I had it 20 years ago. I have dry mouth and eyes. Use eye drops and Oasis mouth wash. I have aches -back, legs, feet and hands. I also have osteoarthritis so contributed the pain to that. I'm on no pain meds see an acupuncture doctor and my sciatica is relieved. Guess I'm pretty lucky. I surely wish you well, sounds like you are suffering.
I'm wondering if my rheumatologist was correct when he told me (on several visits) that I have Sjogrens. I have joint aches, but do not need to use eye drops or suck on anything to keep my mouth moist. Although growing up my dentist told me my mouth was too dry. And my eye doctor would never let me wear contacts (back before the soft moist ones) because my eyes were too dry. He put a pair of the hard ones in and was amazed that I didn't have tears.

Since Xmas 2010 I've changed what I eat entirely for other health issues. No added salt, no sugar, no meat. And my aches have dimished alot although they haven't gone away entirely. He took me off the Plaquinil for adverse effects. Right now I'm not taking (or needing) anything. Makes me wonder if its Sjogrens at all.