Old 01-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Lostn51
Banned

I have been working away in the studio on machines and all but I am starting to take time to do some quilting. I am working on a quilt for my FIL that just moved in the nursing home not long ago. I wanted something really bright and cheery and a scrappy was the way to go. I had bought a quilter out and have a huge amount of fabric and needed to start to clean out my scraps to make room for some of the fabric I have. So this was a way to do it!

Paw Paw has Alzheimers and that is the reason behind the quilt. I still have to do the border and sashing but that will be done tonite and then I will be basting away and ready to start quilting. But it will have a bright Orange 2" inner border and a 10" deep Wine sashing. I have a friend who offered to make me the label for it so it will come back to him after they wash it. I still want to frame a few photos I have taken back when I used to free lance years ago. I want his room to feel like home.

So here is what I have so far.......

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163687.jpe   attachment-163688.jpe   attachment-163689.jpe