View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:55 AM
svenskaflicka1

there is a performer/participant from the minnesota renaissance festival who is having extremely rapid memory loss, and he is a young man--possibly in his early 40s. the group has started a face page for him and his family, with photos, quotes, stories, etc. for him--much like the NCIS crew did. i think it is one of the nicest and best efforts i've ever seen. and the quilt idea would be wonderful--both memories, and something tangible to go with them--comfort that can be held and touched.
Originally Posted by raptureready
Bob Newhart played Ducky's predecessor. He was suffering from a form of dementia and the agents made a slide show about his life to help him remember the people in his past.

Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing to do for loved ones that are developing signs of that disease? Only print the pictures and names off and make a quilt for them? Pictures that said, "My daughter, Janie" or "My husband, Don" or even "My dog, Jasper."

That's what I was thinking about while I watched the show and just thought I'd share.