Thread: Walmart Today
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 01:50 PM
katskid

I am from Kingfisher ok our walmart is closing the fabric dept. I work there it became very clear to me that our cards and letters have landed on deaf ears. We are a rural community, county fairs, 4 H, clubs, quilting classes, kids programs at school, home ec classes,,,, just to name a few that are really going to be hurt by the closings. We are moving to new store in Sept of this year I kept hoping and praying that our store would go un harmed but alass it didn't as of Friday Aug 24 2007 our entire fabric dept all cut by yard goods went 50% off of course the response was overwhelming the manager was told I guess sales are up because as we have been told the reason for the closings "no body sews any more" the response I got was "well it is because it was on sale" So why can't we keep the fabric depts and run a 25% off every month would still be making a profit We are located an hour from any other town so you can see the hardship it puts on our community. The man that needs to hear comments is Lee Scott at bentonville arkansas