Old 01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
jtapp9

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
Is any body else having problems I have never ripped so much in my whole life!! I am no newbie i dont know what the problem is after reviewing the pics i took of blocks that i sent out i have found at least two blocks that shall we call variations of the block. :lol: :oops: :oops: Sorry will try even harder :thumbup:
Since you went there... :oops:

I'm not a newbie, but I'm new to swaps and let me tell ya, I guess I just never cared about or paid that much attention to my mistakes much before now. I've done 6 blocks total....and I've done each of them at least twice....one that I still have has a point that is pretty far off. Fortunately it is a flower so I hope the recipient isn't too offended by the obvious mistake :cry:

It's like there is no flat rule concerning 1/4" seams and "scant 1/4" seams" :shock:

I read something on a different forum today that put it into more perspective. The more seams that a block has the more you want to use "scant" seams.

I honestly just want to apologize to everyone in advance and hope you can write this up as a learning experience for at least one of us.....