Old 01-19-2011, 02:23 PM
cabbagepatchkid

Originally Posted by JaneK
The other pressing issue at my house is the tension assembly for my 201-2. The whole thing falls completely out of the machine when attempting to sew, it's not anchored at all. Am I missing a piece to hold it on the machine arm? It isn't right either,it sticks when re-assembling and thread is totally stuck in it when attempting to thread the tensioner is too tight and erratic when trying to select a tension. Do I need a new one? See photos
Thanks Jane
I think that I remember from somewhere that there is a little screw that holds the tensioner in--it is inside the face plate. Maybe if you do a google search you can get some info on that.

Also, I was able to fix the tension on my 301 by following Dave McCallum's instructions in his FW book. Push the little numbered disc, on your tensioner, in and hold it. If you peek in there you will see that there are little holes all around the numbered disc. The little silver knob in front of it has a little thing sticking out of it that fits into one of those holes. You will need to turn the silver knob clockwise or counterclockwise to fix the tension. If you think that might be the problem I can give you a more detailed description of what to do, in a PM