Old 01-19-2011, 03:06 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by whenpigsfly
Every treadle I have bought off of Craigslist was advertised for $100 to $150. The most I have paid is $75 and most of them I got for $50 to $65. They just don't sell for what most people originally want.

Nancy

Are you able to get a lower price because of flaws in the machine/treadle/cabinet? If not that, then how?
No they are not flawed. My first treadle was at an estate sale and they were asking $100 for it. We offered $45 and got it (page 469). The second and third treadles, my 15-88 and my Singer 9w (page 265) had been for sale as a fund raiser for church and were both owned by the same lady who donated them -- both in excellent shape! They didn't sell so the gal that had to store them offered them for $100 each. We went and looked at them -- she gave them to me because she liked me and wanted them out of her garage for $100 ($50 each). My Singer 28 1898 (page 352) was found at a yard sale - I paid $65 for the whole thing with the Parlor cabinet and I have seen those for over $600 on E-Bay. My Redeye I got for $65 because someone stole the slide plate when the estate sale started (page 369) The list goes on -- you just have to be willing to wait and see if they sell or not, then offer what you are willing to pay.

Nancy