Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
My girlfriend who lives near the location is bringing her Pfaff 3/4 treadle along for me, and I will probably take a Japanese Class 15 HC conversion along "just in case". I am dropping off a parlor treadle in Nashville, and MIGHT take along an unusual Kenmore treadle for sale.

I was advised against it, as it seems most people wind up filling up the storage unit and then refilling their houses, but it has helped me to sort out a lot of things I don't want. I've donated a lot, sold some, given away a ton of stuff. I feel a bit lighter every day.
Miz Johnny do you ever take an electric machine to retreat? Like a FW (I know you sold yours) or one of your other vintage electric machines? Is seems like so much trouble to try and load treadles and here you are loading at least two! I love my treadles, but I'd be afraid I'd hurt the cabinet loading and unloading it -- besides, I always have stuff in the drawers that I'd have to take out. It would be nice if the retreats had a couple treadle bases that treadle people could use -- just bring a head.

Nancy
I'm "almost" ready. I did load 2 treadles into the van; the little Franklin was no problem, but I'll carry bruises from the parlor treadle. My husband has never heard of taking things slow, and as we were going up the steps and I was saying, "Wait, wait; I don't have a good grip!" he hurried on, the treadle slipped, and I caught it with my neck. I have a nice sized lump there, but luckily it didn't fall on me and break my neck or anything!! Then in the van--I was trying to push it over to the side so I could load other stuff--and he gave a gigantic shove, right into my foot. I put my life at risk every time I move something with DH, even though we've been doing this for years!!

I never take an electric machine (even though I have many) because I simply don't like using them any more. I need to sew on some of mine this winter; we'll see if I change my mind. BTW, I do still have one FW, but it has never been cleaned up. It's coming, though!!