View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 04:41 AM
manetha

After reading all of the posts, both positive and negative, I reflected on my marriage of 22 years as of January 7 and realized how lucky I am. We each have and had our hobbies that have taken up time but until a few years ago, we both worked up to 60 or 70 hours a week. I am now on disability for MS and sewing, quilting and machine embroidery are what keep what is left of my cognitive skills sharp. My husband knows this and "participates" when I "allow" him to! My DD, age 19, also loves to quilt so DH knows quilting is a part of his life. No, he doesn't like to watch TV by himself and I try to do as much during the day while he is at work so we can sit together. At least we enjoy the same TV shows. He also goes to bed early because he is up at 4:30am so I still have a couple of hours to "play" if I feel like it. He loves the quilts and other items I make for his family for Christmas and other special days and we have many in our home. He also is proud of what our daughter has created and brags about her often. I guess what I am trying to say is I wish your husband appreciated what you and your daughter do with your time. I am lucky and I will send prayers your way for things to change for the better!