View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 08:03 AM
jaciqltznok
Banned

apronlady, you are so right...like I said, I have done this ALL of my life...I can not imagine life without crafting for shows/bazaars!

as for NEVER doing a NEW show..that is bunk...find out who is hosting it...I picked up 2 new shows this year...both did very well....if the host knows the biz and picks the right date and location even a NEW show can do well! Mostly because it is NEW!

This holiday season was hard...mostly older people out for a day of browsing! None spent any money!
and it was not just ME that noticed, my largest show has 150 vendors not all hand crafted, and most the regulars I spoke with during the day said the same thing..when you can look down the aisles you know things are light!

but the following week I did another regular show with about 80 vendors, ALL hand crafted items only, and at closing time, we were still selling!

both of these shows have been going on for over 25 years, same weekend, same places, so you just never know....

BUT I will NEVER stop doing it....
I just got a vendor contract to do a small quilt show in Anthony, KS....of course for that I will be bringing my OTHER biz....quilting/sewing/fiber art supplies!