View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Jazzmyn

Thank you for your help....off to buy more black material as my first try to cut the material for the back is TO short and I had a feeling it would Not work, should of asked first and cut later. What a learning experience quilting is.

This quilt top is hanging on my fire place as I said it is before I put the borders on(the picture is a little dark)....I used colors that were close to the colors suggested in the pattern so I could follow the instructions(I am so colored challenged)...and I used cheap material telling myself that if doesn't work it won't be to much of a loss. Had I known it was even going to work I would have used better material. One thing I learned was IF you don't like to follow directions Bargello's are probably NOT for you. Now that I know I can do the Bargello's and understand how they are done I will be making more of them....and since this one was a trial I will probably make it again.

This one is NOT near show quality...a few to many mistakes...but Thank You for the compliment.

missgigglewings I live in Roswell it is about 3 to 3 1/2 hours away from Albuqueque. The weather in May is generally in the 80's to 90's it is hard to say about any rain or wind Albuq. gets it share of both.

Thank you all for your compliments and help,
Have a Great Day!! Roseanna (Jazzmyn)