Old 01-20-2011, 09:00 AM
k3n
Power Poster

It turns out that a few of us on the Board have got this fabric to make a One Block Wonder quilt so we thought it would be fun to post our progress all together on one thread! The fabric is called Floral Master and is by Springs Creative Products. Gaigai sent me mine but I think it's from JoAnns if anyone else feels like getting some and joining in. Correct me if I'm wrong someone!

Anyway, for those who don't know, a One Block Wonder or OBW is a kind of kaleidcoscope quilt similar to stack n whack. There is a Topic List here on the board and a brief description about them with details of the books here http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual_section_list.jsp

I think we'll all be using the technique from the One Block Wonder books by Maxine Rosenthal. See my link above for more info.

So far it's me, imjustme and NUTMEG10 who are taking part plus nena in a couple of weeks. I know another lady has the fabric and I'm waiting to hear from her. Meanwhile, here's a pic of the fabric and my first blocks. Looking forward to seeing pics here on this thread from the other ppl with this fabric. It will be interesting to see the differences as we go along! :-D

Fabric, Floral Master, 12" repeat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164201[/ATTACH]

My first block - a promising start!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164202[/ATTACH]

My first 19 blocks from my first strip set - I have two more strip sets to assemble.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164203[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-164196.jpe   attachment-164197.jpe   attachment-164198.jpe