Old 01-20-2011, 09:55 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by josiegirl
Can anyone tell me anything about the machine I am now the proud owner of. The picture is on page 568 and it is a Domestic
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachnesobsession

Go to this site and you can age your machine. On page 18 of Badged White Model ID you will find your machine - they have Domestic 153MC 1949 pictured.

Go back to home page and under Serial Numbers/Dating List you should be able to age your machine.

Oh and it is a badged White machine.

Nancy
Nancy thanks for posting this link. There is a wealth of information here, very nice machines! This is one of the ways I learn about the vintage machines, from photos, blogs, and posts. I then research to find more information, which is how I learned about the Two Spools and Davis NVF machines. The Whites look like a nice machine. My mom said her first machine was a White which was a wedding gift from her MIL. After that she purchased a Necchi Super Nova which I learned on, and now she owns a Bernina 830 which will go to my daughter. I like the passing of machines to children and grandchildren, just as you plan with the FWs to your grandkids.