View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Country Quilter

I can't say this enuf on every MB I belong to....whatever you like is what you need....I happen to be fortunate and have had very good luck with my SKs... but I've heard horror stories also about both Janomes and SKs.. but......supposedly Janome made SKs for some time ...so there ya go!

I just recently had an issue with my newer SK..(I own 3...two over 30 years old..one just over 10 years old)....you need to go out and try out a few... go to shops where they let you do this.... OR insist that they do....and if they say no...walk away!

I've only purchased one on my own...the rest either my DH bought me as a gift or I had given to me... and when I went shopping for that one...I tried several out before making my choice. In store!...I said I needed to sew a bit on it and they let me! I still own and use them all! Up til the other day I didn't have any trouble with any of them...3 SKs (one purchased...two given) and one Viking (given to me)

I would not be afraid of a Janome machine....cuz I guess in all reality I've owned one or two...they just said SK on the outside!

Don't know if I've helped you at all! Just said my piece! :lol: